The horse is one of the strongest animals known for its effortless elegance and intelligence. There are more than 300 breeds of horse around the world and they all differ in physical and temperamental traits. Despite being fairly large animals with an average weight of approximately 830-2200 lb, horses are mostly known for their remarkable speed.
Main features of a Horse
Horses come in a wide variety of coat and colour patterns which usually varies from breed to breed. Horses are prey animals with a strong “fight-or-flight” instinct which can bring them to reach extremely high speed. Moreover, horses are social and moving animals.
If you are thinking about buying a horse then there are many factors and responsibilities to consider carefully as owning such an animal is a huge and long-lasting responsibility.
Among the duties of a horse owner is the requirement to provide it with proper training, not only in order to have a well-behaved horse but for a number of different benefits:
- Training your horse will help keep it physically active and mentally stimulated.
- A training routine builds self-confidence in your horse in an adequate manner.
- A well trained horse will be more obedient and disciplined which are traits that will help throughout its entire life.
- Training engages the horse both physically and mentally helping it reduce stress and anxiety and, therefore live a healthier lifestyle.
- While training a horse, the animal also learns to socialise with other pets creating a strong bond and building good manners.
- Personally training your horse will strengthens the bond you have with it by offering new challenges and creative experiences you can tackle together.
- If the reason you purchase a horse is to practice sports with it (for example, dressage or rodeos), training will be an essential factor to include in its daily routine.
These are only some of the many benefits that come with training. If you are thinking of buying a horse you must understand that it is your responsibility to provide it with the required exercise and mental stimulation in order to provide it with a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Author: Marino Tilatti
Member of PetsForAll Editorial Stuff
Posted in these categories: Breeder, Trainer, Vet, For Sale, For Adoption, For Stud, Wanted, Horses, Horses, Andalusian, Friesian Horses, Appaloosa, Clydesdale, Ponies, Quarter horse, Thoroughbred, Arabian Horses, Dressage Horses, Shire Horses, Race Horses, Shetland Pony, Chartreux
Maybe you're interested in: